Friday, December 02, 2016

The Conversation Continues...

This happened sometime in September. Again, I was trying to continue with my Fanfic "My Heart Is Yours". I think I was again writing a particular scene when all of a sudden, the DVD player in my mind changed scenes, giving me something that I would be using in future chapters...It was very late at night so I was tired but my mind was still awake with the story...

Here's how the conversation went...

"I don't need that yet!"

"But it's a good scene to put in!" My muse argued.

"I didn't say it wasn't a good scene," I explained. "But it's a good flashback scene. One I will be able to use in the next couple of chapters. But what I need right now is a bridge so that I can combine the future chapters to this one."

My Muse huffed sending her bangs flying off a bit before resting once again on her forehead. Brows furrowed, eyes half-closed in slits, she came near me and leaned her face very close to mine that our nose were almost touching.

"You're not making this easy on me," she stated.

"We've been through worse," I replied.

"Would you like to change stories for a bit?" She suddenly said with her eyes twinkling as an idea formed in her head. "I have this great scene for LMX!"

"Seriously?!?" I exclaimed exasperated. "We've shelved LMX since 2009! Now you want me to unshelf it? We still have Voltron to finish, mind you. That's been two years in the making! Not to mention Jake Madison which has been shelved far longer than LMX! And don't forget the two Ragnarok stories that we haven't finished as well."

"Okay," she answered trying to appease me. "What about a one shot? You've been wondering how DJ Bae met DJ Mae right?"

"Can't we focus on 'My Heart Is Yours'?" I looked at her with pleading eyes. Yup, the vacation did gave her new ideas...but she clearly needed to focus on one project at a time or I won't be finished with any of my stories.

She sighed and sat next to me. She extended her arms and gave me a tight hug that gave me a bit of comfort. She knows I complain a lot but she never did leave me. Of that I was really grateful for.

"Focus," she just said.

"Yup," I replied. "Focus."

"I'll try."

"Try not," I remarked. "Do or do not. There is no try."

She giggled and replied, "Yes, Master Yoda."

"Come on," I said. "Let's get to work."

"You need to get some sleep first."

No comments: