Wednesday, July 06, 2011

I'm Losing a Fight Against an Inanimate Object

Embarrassing as it may seem and a bit annoying. I have been for the past hour or so fighting a losing battle against my PSP.

The version of the PSP that I have is that version with a "Chicken" software (or programing, I'm not really sure what they call it but it has something to do with chicken) that has a lot of restrictions for you to actually use it. Notable restrictions for this device is not to turn the device fully off, you shouldn't fully drain the battery and not taking out the battery from the device or else you would have that problem of refreshing the system.

I have been taking good care of my PSP. Even following the restrictions to the letter. But for some reason, while I was using it, it suddenly hanged and then restarted, corrupting everything in my SD.

Now, the battle wages as I try my best to restart the friggin' thing. Unfortunately for me, I'm losing this battle.

The PSP has a certain way of refreshing that you have to follow it to the letter or else you won't be able to restore the old settings that you have placed.

Like I said, I have been going at it for more than an hour now and still, I couldn't restart my PSP. And I'm very close of tossing it out of the window or smashing it to a wall.

Annoying really. I should have been doing some other things but instead, I have to keep trying to refresh it in hopes that I would get it right and restart my PSP.

And out of sheer frustration, I've started talking to it in hopes that it might draw some sympathy from me and miraculously fix itself. Unfortunately, like all inanimate objects, it's secretly laughing behind my back wondering why I'm talking to it in the first place.

Annoying little bastard this one is turning out to be.

No comments: