Saturday, September 13, 2014

The Mitchie Chronicles: Pinoy Edition

Up North

Well here I go again. Off to another adventure. This time, I was invited by a good friend and old officemate of mine from my gaming days.

Going here was an adventure on its own.

As my other friends headed out earlier, I was left to go up to La Union on my own. Armed with only the knowledge of what bus destination to ride on and no real idea where I'm going, I left earlier than what I had previously planned in hopes that I get to La Union not very late in the evening...or God forbid, early morning.

My first rough patch.

I thought that I could get a ride at Cubao so I went there thinking that I won't go too far to get that bus ride. Unfortunately for me, 45-minutes and 4 bus terminals later, the Cubao buses don't go up to Laoag. So I had no choice but ride the LRT once more from Cubao and head to España where I was told there was a bus terminal there that have buses going up to Laoag.

Second rough patch.

I reached Pureza and started looking for the ride to get me to España. Got mixed up with which side I was suppose to be on...I went down on the wrong side of the street. Asking around, I got to cross and was on the right street but still no jeeps going to Tayuman. So, my last resort was asking a pedicab driver who willingly took me to the bus terminal.

Third rough patch.

When I finally got there, all the buses were full. Seats were reserved until 10pm. Since I didn't want to leave that late, I started asking around and found that one of their buses was about to leave and were still taking in passengers. The catch though was the seats are in the center isle and the seat itself were kiddy stools.

Desperate to get going, I took that seat.

I was finally on the move.

Thank God for GPS!

Still not knowing where I'm really heading, as this is my first time to go to La Union. I relied upon my phone's GPS system which was amazingly pretty accurate. It even told me the names of the small towns I was passing. So when my friend was asking me where I was, I was able to give him my proper location.

Finally getting there.

I was hungry. I didn't really eat mainly because I might get motion sickness for sitting in the middle of the bus in a very uncomfy seat. So, I just had water and chocolates which I brought with me. So when I was nearing my destination, I was pretty hungry. So, when I told my friend, he said to go down na lang at the first Jollibee in San Fernando. He gave me some land marks to make sure that I know which Jollibee he was talking about. So, I mentioned it to the conductor and driver which they nodded and said, they would drop me off there.

The bastards forgot.

It was a good thing I was paying attention. When I saw the landmarks and the Jollibee store, I already stood up from my stool to get my things so that I can go down. But the bus didn't slow down to a stop and instead continued on its route. I had to tell them that I was going down. So when I finally went down, I had to trudge back a bit...it was a bit of a walk.

Entering Jollibee, I knew that that part of my journey was done.

No comments: